25 February 2013

Yummy nougat candy from Taiwan

For Chinese New Year, we have a tradition of getting together with the other Minneapolis-area families who were in China to adopt their kids at the same time we were. It's always fun to see how all the kids have grown and what the similarities and differences are as more of their lives are spent in the States. It's a potluck dinner, and I always try to bring a few unexpected treats.  I came across this charming little box of candies at United Noodles - I didn't need to know the character for "milk" to know what was going on here...
Given the size of the illustration on the box, I had thought that perhaps the nougat-with-peanut bars were going to be a bit bigger, more like a "fun size" Snickers - but as you can see in this photo they are closer to Tootsie Roll size. However, the carton was packed full of them and all the families and kids were able to have as many as they wanted.  The texture is semi-hard but it softens up after just a moment in your mouth, and then it tastes just like a Snickers but without the chocolate and caramel...  Everyone liked them & I only had a handful to bring back home :)


No comments: